Monday, February 21, 2011

Who has seen the Wind?



Somehow I thought it would be a grander looking poem. much longer and filled with flowery prose. a Victorian Chocolate box of verse, dreamy allusions and complex rhymes and mythological references just swirling with beautiful phrasing.

But no, it is simply a straightforward. statement....like the wind itself.





POEM
Who Has Seen the Wind?

by Christina Rossetti

Who has seen the wind?
Neither I nor you:
But when the leaves hang trembling,
The wind is passing through.

Who has seen the wind?
Neither you nor I:
But when the trees bow down their heads,
The wind is passing by.






For months now the wind has scoured the landscape and rattled the doors and windows, even slipping into this old house through every crack and pore. Though I never saw it, I heard it and felt it and even smelled it, it's strength made itself known to me. And soon by making my kites soar.

guest blogger on 50 Marilyn Monroe Quotes

 Norma  Jean Mortenson,  thank you!         50 Marilyn Monroe Quotes That'll Make You Feel Empowered, Inspired and C...