Saturday, December 4, 2021

Hi December, I have missed you


 Winter, winter go away!!!

 

but, December, you can stay  because  I have missed you.

Not the snow, sleet, icy roads, cold rains and mud.  certainly don't miss those things.

I miss the Colorful lights at night, and especially the all white displays.  The wreaths and garlands ,The anticipation in the air, Christmas carols, and cookies. 

Salvation Army bell ringers, old tyme movies on TV, trimming the evergreen shrubs and using the trimmings to fill vases Or makeing wreaths from them, memories that drift back for decaDES, fruitcake, even building  the firST fire in the woodstove is special.

thinking up decorating ideas i will never get finished, OK sometimes I do get them done, BUT USUALLY I PUT UP THE ONES I HAVE HAD FOR SO VERY LONG, WRITING OUT CARDS,  watching the first snows cover the landscape and turn the world into a snow-globe, watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and "The snowman" { sometimes I do that on a sweltering August day}, 

 DECORATING the Tree, while savoring the memories attached THE ORNAMENTS , sitting in the rocking chair with the tree lit for the first time each year  and feeling,so grateful,  wondering what  feast I will prepare for the big day..

My hands and feet may be cold, but in December, my heart is warm



September full moon, haiku

  RAIN  GENTLY FALLING waiting FOR THE CLOUDS TO CLEAR  THERE YOU ARE, LADYMOON!!!