Though we live far from town, usually we do get Trick or Treators. The porch lights are on, and my moderately spooky decor is ready, and there is a bowl of candy by the door. sometimes the robed figure by the front door is me. Usually I am some sort of glam witch or my version of "Aunt Clara" I make every effort to be warm, and not too scary, especially
this year because getting up from the rocker is slow going due to an injury. but this year I was going to be Betty Boop, the witchy version of course.
Just didn't work out that way, because it was too cold, and rainy, windy and well there were no kids!!!!??Q?Q? I garuanteeeee! I was more warmly dressed than Betty is in this illustration, but I was still too cold, so I sat inside by the kitchen door, waiting for them, with a bowl of candy bars, and it was about 8:30 before I ate one, candy bars I mean, I ate a candy bar, then another. Then I wised up and put the bowl of candy out on the stoop. Came inside and looked up Betty Boop on the internet machine! And here is what I found out!
I always wondered and now I know.
