Monday, April 8, 2024

Haiku~~~~~ a memory


walking by the creek

light turns bronze, chill in the air

then I remembered


Having reached an age where I can look back on many summers, one thing stands out.  I was working at a gallery,  which looked out across a broad, slow moving  river. At lunchtime I would wander down to some tables by the river where I leisurely  ate and sometime composed a few haiku.  Walking the path back to the gallery was different that day, it seemed that it was getting darker, not like sundown, it was a softer more golden light, the wind picked up and it was starting to get noticeably colder.   An eclipse!?!? 
I hurriedly wrote down the haiku above.  Waiting to be shared in one of my notebooks, until yesterday.  

Haiku~~~ spring rain

      rain pelts the windows puddles on  frozen ground smell of Spring's greening