Friday, February 13, 2015

a rainbow on my collar

 
Somewhere in the snowed in recesses of my mind I remember a song lyric "a rainbow on my shoulder"...well I never was one to get things in perfect order so, I have a rainbow on my collar.  I works for me. 
 I cannot pass up a prism at a yard sale or flea market, and they repay me by casting rainbows around my kitchen during the dark months of winter.  Over the past  30 odd years every time I see these tiny rainbows they  bring a  smile to my heart and my lips.
 
  
These pictures were taken on October 28th, and Spring seemed as far away on that sunny day, as it does now.  It always seem a little sad when I see the rainbows appear in Fall.  The anticipation of a season of creative work and time to myself was ahead of me.  And I made my plans and wishes.  Now the plans and wishes are for day trips and gardening, and I feel exhilaration and hopefulness, and a bit weary from all the work I know needs doing.   The few remaining rainbows are pale and fleeting. 


guest blogger on 50 Marilyn Monroe Quotes

 Norma  Jean Mortenson,  thank you!         50 Marilyn Monroe Quotes That'll Make You Feel Empowered, Inspired and C...