Tuesday, June 11, 2013

"follow. follow. follow me"

 
Pulling the weeds that grow along the garden fence is not only slow and tedious, it is mindless,  and after awhile not only did my mind wander off ,so did my feet, I had spent some time cutting down the blackberry briers that grew where they shouldn't, and now it was time to see how the ones I would be picking my winter supply from were doing, and from there
 

it was was only a few feet to the woods.  the woods where I always see something interesting and always feel refreshed. The woods where you can be lost in time, the woods where you can pretend that you are far, far, away and may-be even long ago if that is your wish.....the woods did beckon.
 
And soon, the path was before me, not like those paths in fairytales more like the path in the song, I did "follow, follow,follow" 

 
Farther along the path, I was not only walking farther back into the woods, but farther back in time, and farther back in into my own time.   
 
On my way back I turned off  off the path to check out the woodpile, the saying goes that people who heat with wood are warmed by it twice, when the cut it and when they burn it. It should be when they cut it, when they split it, when they haul it, and when they stack it to dry and then finally when they burn it.
.


Come follow (traditional)

Cone follow, follow,follow me
Come follow, follow follow me.


Whither shall I follow, follow, follow,
Whither shall I follow, follow thee.


To the greenwood, to the greenwood,
To the greenwood, greenwood tree

Whither shall I follow, follow, follow,
Whither shall I follow, follow thee

To the magic, to the magic
to the magic, to the magic magic tree.

Full pink moon April 23

    phlox, wood hyacinth look up at the full pink moon dew glows in it's light