Monday, March 11, 2013

Happy the man who....


Happy the Man

~~John Dryden

Happy the man, and happy he alone,
He who can call today his own:
He who, secure within, can say,
Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today.
Be fair or foul or rain or shine,
The joys I have possessed, in spite of fate, are mine.
Not Heaven itself upon the past has power,
But what has been, has been, and I have had my hour.

A few days ago someone pointed out to me that my  wishing for spring was a little like wishing my life away.  
Had to think about that for awhile, because it certainly is at least in part true.  Not living in the moment does mean that you are wishing your life away.  I will always prefer the warm weather months to winter, I will always long for the first flowers of spring, but that doesn't mean that  my life is on hold during the snowy seasons.  There are books to be read and seed catalogs to be studied, flower beds to plan, and closets to clean, old projects to finish and new ones to start,  and day trips to be thought up. even a little time spent  settled into the rocking chair daydreaming as the snow falls.  And when no one is looking  relishing it's beauty.


To spend one s time saying "I will start living, really living, when....." yes when does this that or the other thing that is the condition one is basing one's life and happiness start????   How long should one wait to start living, i mean "really living"of course.  and what does "really living" mean?   Does it mean being happy, does it mean being content, or smiling back at yourself in the mirror.   What happens if one tries to start "really living" without the proper conditions being met. 
Am I good at asking questions. or what?

YUM!, guest blogger on making Naan....something I am new to and still working on

  Naan is tasty!   I wanted to make some, and from there on out, wellllllllllll, it's been a learning experience!   And I don't give...