Friday, February 1, 2013

a 1939s picture from and even older photo

 
"I am what I am and that all that I am."  said Popeye the sailor man, who's speech I never could understand, then again were we supposed to?
 
Who was this lady, there is a name and  and location on the back of the postcard.  It was pretty common to have a postcard made from a real photo,   it was a way of keeping up with the news in those days when the penny postcard was the text message of it's time.  People could, and did,  carried on long distance conversations that way.
 
 
She looks so confident standing there with her hands on her hips, as if poised to ask a question or make a joke, perhaps she is going to tease someone, or even scold them.  Or is just surprised to be having her picture made?  Happy to see a daughter,or son grandchild, great grandchild , sibling , cousin of friend, or just to greet a neighbor or lodger.   Could she just be happy to feel the warmth of the sun on her face?
 
 
All that we know for sure is that someone thought enough of this picture to have a copy made of an older photo, and someone or several someones kept it until the present time . 

YUM!, guest blogger on making Naan....something I am new to and still working on

  Naan is tasty!   I wanted to make some, and from there on out, wellllllllllll, it's been a learning experience!   And I don't give...