Friday, April 20, 2012

Good bye, Mr Frid


Goodbye, Mr Frid.   It seems like only yesterday I followed the life of the character you created, everyday after school.  You are my second goodbye this week.  Dark Shadows was a source for my interest in so many things, including my interest in  architecture.  I wanted to work behind the scenes  in special effects because of you.  I learned some vampire history, but I also learned a lot of world history because of you. 
It was fun to be a little scared as I walked home through the woods  those winter afternoons after watching Dark Shadows with friends.  I remember thinking what it would be like to live in Collinwood, and  wearing fabulous old fashioned clothes, and being in a world outsiders could never fathom. An elegant and somewhat, but always tastefully dangerous world.

Goodbye Mr. Frid and thank you!


guest blogger on 50 Marilyn Monroe Quotes

 Norma  Jean Mortenson,  thank you!         50 Marilyn Monroe Quotes That'll Make You Feel Empowered, Inspired and C...