Friday, January 13, 2012

TODAY turns 60

There was a lovely bit of camera art at the opening of this mornings Today Show, a crowd of people seemingly brought forward in time 60 years looking in the window at the first Today show. 
 
We didn't even have a TV then, but a few years later when we did I used to tune in to that amazing machine that brought me pictures and sounds from the whole world, to watch Dave Garroway and J. Fred Muggs.

 I remember very little of the actual show, remember well that J. Fred was always into mischief, and the man who raised his hand at the end of the show and said "Peace".  Something I felt was so magical and needed to be imitated.
Later I would watch him on "Wide Wide World" and be in awe of just how wide and wonderful the world was, and thank him for showing it to me.  I never knew he battled depression, thinking he was the luckiest man in the world to see and do all of those things.  Never knew also that he was a disk jockey, and a very good one, or that he had been a reported for KDKA TV.

Tuning into the Today Show has not been a part of my morning for over 30 years, don't know exactly why I tuned in this morning, well may-be it was just to say, "Thanks Mr. G."

                          Peace

YUM!, guest blogger on making Naan....something I am new to and still working on

  Naan is tasty!   I wanted to make some, and from there on out, wellllllllllll, it's been a learning experience!   And I don't give...