Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Loss

I have tried to write this so many times, and set it aside, because the words just didn't say what I wanted them to.
May-be this time.

I have been around for about 60 years now and in that time I have loved and lost many people, places and things.
I have also found ever so many more. It has happened that I refound what I lost. The facts being, at least as I see it,
that is a loss is a loss, no matter how small, it is not just the loss of a family member, to what ever cause,
or the loss of a beloved animal companion, a job, or a prized possession. It is also the loss of tiny things,
and loss through the inevitable changes inherent in any ones life. Decisions that have to be made, and sometimes lived with.
The compromises made for personal or business reasons, even because of aging, that leave one feeling diminished.
It all adds up, my friends.

"I guess loving anyone or anything comes with the inherent notion that it will end someday.
My mom was fond of telling me that "every love story has a sad ending". A statement that is true but
more comfortable left unsaid :-) And I suppose it's not so much the
endings themselves that define us but the grace with which we make the transition
and whether we choose to dwell on the love or the loss. "- Barbara Whitehead ( my Renaissance friend)

Full pink moon April 23

    phlox, wood hyacinth look up at the full pink moon dew glows in it's light