Tuesday, October 8, 2024

learn something new every day


I am not joking when I say I learn something new every day. 
My guess is  alot of us do that in the course of our day. 

Today I learned that you can't always trust the advice you get from a certain cooking show especially when it concerns making cake frosting from marshmallows and white chocolate chips. 

But I digress....ALOT!

A couple day ago I learned about telsetich,  this is the first one I ever wrote, and it is about the equilux { On September 22, 2024, at precisely 6:13 PM IST.}  OK, it's not one of my best efforts, but I am still proud of it.  As yet it has no title, might never have a title, eeeweee I just noticed how much and how bad the rhyming is in it!  Oh I do promise to do better the next time.  Also I have added information that may help should you want to compose a few telestich yourself.

 

 




each star that shines
looks down thru time
must be aware
on this night so rare
I sing the old songs
no longer heard
your wisdom I invite
this solemn night
this sacred eve

telestich
/təˈlɛstɪk/

Definition: A type of poem or poetic structure in which the last letters of each line, when read vertically, spell out a word or message.

Origin: Derived from the Greek word "telos," meaning "end," and "stichos," meaning "line" or "verse."

Example: The poet crafted a telestich that revealed the word "LOVE" when the last letters of each line were read together.


A telestich is a creative form of poetry where the last letters of each line combine to form a specific word or message. This unique structure adds an element of surprise and depth, inviting readers to engage more closely with the text. It challenges poets to think carefully about their line endings while also conveying meaning through their choice of words. The result is a layered experience, as the reader not only enjoys the poem's thematic content but also discovers the hidden word, enriching their understanding and appreciation of the work.

 

guesr blogger Sheeka Sanahori , Surprise! You Own a Long-Lost Cemetery

I read this with great interest because I know a family who bought a rambling old farmhouse and discovered that there was a small cemetery o...