Sunday, September 29, 2024

Fall, and so it goes

And so it goes! Autumn begins,  leaves are turning, but because of the intense heat, or so I am told, the colors will be more like brown tones. At sundown the air turns decidedly cooler and the breeze is refreshing,still it foreshadows the shorter days to come  and I don't look forward to being indoors again. Every moment that can be spent outdoors is spent out under the sky.  Meanwhile I am picking out the books I will be reading, sewing projects I want to finish, housework type chores and that sort of thing i might find rewarding, you get the idea.   Sometime I even manage to get one or two of those  long neglected project completed.

 


 

 It doesn't really feel like Autumn quite yet. I am still blessed with ripening tomatoes every day, and a crop of potatoes from the scruffy  grocery store potatoes that I planted a few months ago.  A few months ago, Autumn seemed like a long way away then.
 
 


Autumn is a time for subtle surprises, those things you might not have noticed during the 

fast paced days of summer.

Yes, of course the wide panoramas of colored leaves are dazzling, a wonder to behold, reminding me of the turning of the year and how much it is like the cycle of life. It is the fine details the are  revealed by the crisp light of Autumn under a vivid blue  sky that speak to me. They speak to me of the promise of spring,  the beauty of Autumn is also the promise that Spring will return to start the year freas and new again.








Fall, and so it goes

And so it goes! Autumn begins,  leaves are turning, but because of the intense heat, or so I am told, the colors will be more like brown ton...