Monday, December 25, 2023

How a cup of coffee almost ruined my Christmas

 Merry Christmas!!! to my readers.

May your day be jolly  and bright even if it is raining, 

 may your heart be warm even if you are celebrating alone,as we are

I am taking a break from kitchen duty.  Just to chat, about what else? Christmas cards.  I send out a few  not alot.  One , reason is because I like to make  them,another is that the work I put into cards is an expression of my friendship, and not a social formality.   

I had my  cards all stamped and ready to mail, neatly stacked on the kitchen table{ the kitchen is the beating heart of a home after all}, when  the coffee got spilled.  I was struck dumb...well briefly anyway.

Then it got really loud! Then I felt really angry, then sad.   Then I remembered  that years ago I had printed out this beautiful trifold card.  I found the original card in an old binder that was some sort of salesman's  sample card display ,whatever it is called, most of the cards had been removed , I like to think that someone remade them, or perhaps they were remade by school children, a common use for them back in those days.  Then there was this one, the  message it sends is dear to me, I scanned it into my computer and "Photoshopped" the worn and soiled spots.   Printing it out and sent it out that year.

The leftover cards that I printed that year have been in he bottom drawer of my desk for at least two decades,  still it holds  true.  

Merry Christmas, happy and healthy New Year







Christmas in july!!!!

Christmas in July, it sometimes make me wonder about many things. One of the most perplexing is how Sasquatch came to be a part of a holiday...