Sunday, November 12, 2023

It's November. just like that! Already!!! Just like someone flipped a switch!!!

 


It's here, November, how can it be here so fast?  Or is that just my view?  Perhaps my advancing age showing?   That might be.  There is a dramatic change afoot, books to be read, a quilt to finish, a hungry wood stove to be fed, lest one needs to put on shoes and socks, when one much prefers to go barefoot.  The garden is done except for the potatoes that I find when I am digging it in before I put it to bed under it's blanket of fallen leaves and sawdust. OH , before I forget, our ground will be too frozen to dig soon, and that necessitates different composting methods for all the potato peels,apple cores, eggshells and banana skins {the only creature I have even seen nibbling on those are rabbits}.  Nothing likes citrus peels either.

 

 A few wild flowers have to be planted pot and all for next year, I keep promising myself there will be a beautiful beautiful flower garden, but so far it is just a few scraggly wildflowers, next year will be better I promise myself.  A garden Thalasa Cruso would be proud of. 

Time to stock the shelves, NOT hoarding, just making sure that if a heavydutyextrabigolestorm comes you won't run out of EVERYDAY THINGS, for several days.  i do remember a Thanksgiving when the snow was deeper than I was tall...I was many-be 7 at the time.  I probably would not remember that if it wasn't for a long phone conversation I had a few years ago with an older cousin.




The sun is brilliant today, but the laundry froze on the line as it was hung up this morning....but as the day progresses, it has thawed and started to dry.  I will also have an amazingly clean smell to it when it is finally dry.  There has been no one so far that can put a smell like that in a bottle.


 

 


 









Christmas in july!!!!

Christmas in July, it sometimes make me wonder about many things. One of the most perplexing is how Sasquatch came to be a part of a holiday...