Thursday, March 2, 2023

Banana bread, an unusual recipie


I have made this recipe for a very long time, because the bread disappears very, fast.  I don't know the origin of this recipe, its pretty creative, almost want to call it a science fair experiment.  Once upon another lifetime I frequently  watched a cooking show on a local TV station, and that's where were I found this gem.  There were always  bags of spotty bananas on sale CHEAP at my favorite little market and love mayo{mayonnaise}  so I hurriedly wrote the instructions in my scrawly handwriting and after trying it I printed out the recipe...shared and shared it, then shared it some more.

 

Arlene's Banana Bread

 

 

1 1/2c flour

1 c sugar

1 tesp salt

1 tesp baking soda

1/2 c. mayo

3 overripe bananas mashed well 

1 cup chocolate chips, walnuts, dried fruit, whatever you like

1 beaten egg


Combine dry ingredients, and set aside.

In a large bowl combine mayo, well beaten egg, and well mashed bananas blend well, then add  dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.

Preheat oven to 375degrees, use the usual pan spray, or butter 2 loaf pans divide the batter between the pans.

Bake for twenty minutes or until it tests done.

 

 Sometimes I will make a double batch and,  use 3 large loaf pans, which take more time to bake.  Using a single batch I sometimes use  3 small or individual loaf pans which bake faster. 

I use only 1/2 tesp of salt, or leave it out , don't like anything salty except peanut butter  stuffed pretzels. Only once did I use banana chips in this and , seriously, no one!!!

 

 


 

 

Grandma's kitchen, "Oh my! It's Chocolate pie!"

I hope you will try this recipe, click on the word - link - below  to watch a remarkable  lady in action preparing this pie.    So tasty and...