February 5th is the Full snow moon, the second full moon of 2023, sorry, gentle reader, that there wasn't a post for the first full moon, I think I should blame that on "writers block" or just that I ran out of things to say. Anyroad I have for some time wanted to write about the Rune that i personally feel fits each Full moon most closely. Of course I sought the advice of the Internet , years ago when I first wondered if there was a connection between the Runes and the full moon. Which didn't offer me much to go on.
historically I mean, and it was important to have some historical basis to my interpretation. After that my plan went dormant until now.
i drew a rune from the pouch. Perth, Peroth, Pethro, the rune that just doesn't seem to fir in. It's exact meaning is undefined by scholars. In part because there was no "p'' sound in the language of the time. It is possible it was borrowed from another culture to describe something , possibly even the pouch the runes themselves were carried in or as it is represented -the dice cup-. Pethro is considered a vessel, likened to a cave and the womb, Predetermination, the mysteries of death, hidden truths, Nurturing, fate, the path and the map. Coincidence,Living with the unknown and the unknown, Prophesy, guessing and playing hunches, searching for meaning and survival, luck, both good and bad.
“The beginning and end are set. What’s in between is yours. Nothing is in vain, all is remembered.”~~~unknown to me


