Thursday, December 29, 2022

The cold, frozen, icy, windy, Christmas spent all alone


 Some years we don't have even a snowflake, and some years we have bitter cold, wind and ice.  

 This year Christmas weather in our area is the coldest it has been in  39 years, this year however mother nature added in strong gusty winds, I am very sure it ruined many peoples plans. Not just mine.


If our stoker had feelings it would certainly have felt the love from someone tending it's fire so often. No we didn't have much snow, but the highway near our home was deserted, and the eerie feeling caused by not hearing vehicles added nothing good to the time spent watching huge ancient trees  swaying almost constantly.  The morning brought more chill,  and a frosty fog over our silent valley.

The power flickered, went out briefly, but there was plenty of coffee and good book, a cook book written by Vincent Price.  And a couple afternoons reflecting on Christmases pasts.  Moments when I thought of how lucky I was that I didn't live in Buffalo NY.

 

Christmas in july!!!!

Christmas in July, it sometimes make me wonder about many things. One of the most perplexing is how Sasquatch came to be a part of a holiday...