Sunday, December 18, 2022

home made Christmas cards

 

I have a raft of Christmas cards which I have saved over the years, and I am also snowed and iced in. That is a dangerous combination, because, I didn't buy any cards for this year. Yet! And in years past I took great pride in my "recycled greeting cards", something I think, got started in grade school as a "busywork" project handed out by the 1950s version of Miss Shields. 

Yah! it was busywork then, but now it is just something I do pretty nearly every year. Some years  I do send cards from the store to some people just because I want to. AND THEN there SOME who feel that getting a homemade card is being cheap, these people don't belong on my Christmas card list.

Each card  has something unique to the person it was made for, and I always hope they recognize it when they see it.

If it isn't  the theme of the card, it is parts of a card they sent me, the message inside the card often is the hardest part, for me anyway.

so I take my leave, to play with glue and glitter; scissors and paper; scraps of lace and foiled paper.  


 

Grandma's kitchen, "Oh my! It's Chocolate pie!"

I hope you will try this recipe, click on the word - link - below  to watch a remarkable  lady in action preparing this pie.    So tasty and...