National collect rocks day, Yippy skippy!!!!! Brings out the kid in me, not that that needs much work. Apparently this day is meant to bring out the kid in you.
Children seem to be attracted to rocks, and rock collecting seems to start early in life. I can remember having rocks that I considered to be my toys , and there were rocks that were collected by my Mother when she was on a trip to the Great Lakes displayed on the windowsill. there are no hard and fast rules, in collecting rocks.
At school there were kids who traded rocks during recess. Any pile of gravel, was a good place to visit, because there were all kinds of treasures, to fill your pockets with. I liked picking berries, and the liked picking flowers, but most of all I liked finding rocks, cool rocks. Unlike other hobbies, it takes very little mone to enjoy rocks.
