,
And it rained, more than just a few drops. We need the rain, the creek is like a mudflat, the grass is dried up, no need to mow, my garden is dependent on the humidity, which is fierce, and what water is left in the well. At least the sun was shinning. But now it is hidden by rain clouds, the earth smells cool and fresh. And for this brief moment, I am enjoying the rain. I am also laughing at myself for having said that, I dearly love to watch the thunder and lightening, but the steady all day rains, which are needed are dull, dank, dark and drippy. So here I am dividing my time between typing, cooking and a mere dash of housework. And watching for the rain to start again, I hear thunder somewhere in the distance.
I take particular pleasure in sitting on the front porch steps and feeling the water falling from the roof wash over me, at first is was warm, almost hot but it gradually gets cooler, them cold. It was decades ago, my city dwelling cousins were enjoying the refreshing waterfall after a very hot morning, much like today. I joined in. They are gone now, but the joy isn't.
There is a line of raggedy looking plastic flower pots beside the shed, they have been there for over a month, my science fair experiment in transplanting various shrubs and plants. Quite proud of it, I am, yes I am, and this soaking rain will allow me the chance to settle them into their new home, just as I am settling into mine. Hauling pails of water, is not one of my favorite things, and transplanting into well rained on soil is much more successful.
These are the days when my thoughts turn to day dreams, and books I meant to read, just doing nothing,but I today, it's more like random online searches and reminiscences put on paper {OK on blog}. Trying to think what I have rambled about and what I haven't.
,