Saturday, February 5, 2022

A recipe....mashed Potato biscuits {with my notes}



 OK so today I tried a new recipe, and I liked it, so I'm sharing.  this picture is just one I liked., the recipe was sent to me with out a source to credit it too.




  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1 tablespoon butter, melted  {used real butter!!!}
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons honey      {used 1 tesp}

Directions

  • 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the potatoes, buttermilk, butter and honey; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
  • 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. 
  •  
  • {shaped then into a roughly square shape and cut them into squarish shapes because I don't have a biscuit cutter} 
  • 3. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. 
  • 4, serve warm.....or not 

Is Soup season back already? Grandma's Kitchen

    Rained all night the wind was almost cold, this morning dawned very gray. It feels like late October! The trees are still green,there ar...