Looks like there is gonna be a long stretch of below normal temperatures here in the Piney wood. colder than our usual gelid end to January and beginning of February. Starting to wish I knew of a "Weather witch" when the weather gets too extreme. Were I able to find one, messing with the weather seems more than foolish, try could be catastrophic! Winters are milder than those of my youth, which though bad for our Mother Earth, are a little too enjoyable for me.
I still take the compostables out to the compost heap, usually with no coat on , and and as a symbol of my positive thoughts that Spring will show up one of these day, I wear my trusty gardening clogs.
Still I am longing for warmth. A suggestion from a friend was the place to begin, a dash of comfort and a wisp of magic, combine to
at make me feel warm. But where to begin, each person's version of this will be different. Firstly I am naming this a "warmth spell", but if you want to call it a "warmth break" or a term of your own {love creativity. so go for it}please do. "Think warm thoughts", particularly since a big part of the magic you get out of this is the magic you put into it. You see I believe there is power thinking.
And I do suppose this would work as well on a rainy or dismal gray day.
Begin by selecting a comfy place to sit, a warm corner of you home. Tea, coffee or even soup, in a cup or mug you like. I have mugs for each season, but that's just me. Bring with you a shawl, or something like that, a candle {battery operated one is fine if that is your preference}, background music is OK, but silence is better, I prefer to be near a window, but then again, that's me.
Settle into the spot you have chosen, get comfortable,light the candle if you wish. While you are holding the mug and enjoying it's contents think of the things that warm your heart, your home, your soul.