Friday, December 24, 2021

Suzy Snowflake

Every now and then when my mind gets quiet, when I am absorbed in whatever I am doing, painting the porch floor, working on a quilt,mending jeans, really almost anything I start to wonder about things.  
So when working on the outside Christmas decor I wondered why I like to make things, just grab whatever is around and turn it into something decorative 
Me thinks it has something to do with having been raised in a household where the rule was "Use it , wear it out, make it do or do without" a different type of frugal.  Mostly it comes from wanting a dress like Suzy Snowflake.

Yes, really, truly seriously!
The day I asked for a dress like  Suzy's my Mom taught me how to make  snowflakes from scraps of tissue paper. .  I stitched them onto my everyday dress which I wore everyday, and my life was never the same again.  

 Thanks Mom !

Thanks Suzi !

 

 

Oh and thanks to  Chicago Kids TV

Guest blogger Navied Mahdavian on How to fight with the people we care about, illustrated

    WOW!  Yes WOW!!!! "Some of my best friends are people who started out as foes." _ A voice in the Wind         ...