Words and pictures

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

its, well its not a telestitch

 

OPPS it's not a telestitch it's something I made up, or may-be it is something else.  Poetry fascinates me.  Puzzles  fascinate me.  Words facinate me.

Errr UMMM ummm UHHH errrr UMMM, I wasn't paying good attention and got it wrong, no wonder it was so easy to write a telestitch, I was doing it wrong.....got it now,  last letter of the last word in the  line, NOT the first letter of the last word in a line.  

I would like to say I made that error because I was excited to learn something new....but I can't truthfully say that or can i????  

 


M

  Or can I?  Merriam Webster defines a telestich "as a poem in which the consecutive final letters of the lines spell a name."  So i tried to rework it.

 weary, longing for sleep 

looking out the window
the mottled colors of evening

a long day ends 

slumber rewards the tired 

sunrise begins each new day

quiet streets to roam
things so endearing
day dreams of adventure
all good things await me
imagination grandly soars





 

 

OK perhaps a nice enough poem....but it won't work, it's not a telestich.  I could claim  anew poetic form, so i looked one up. "What   is a poem called when the first letter of the last word in a line?" 
 

the reply was " Last-Word Acrostic: The first letter of the final word in each consecutive line spells out the hidden text." 


  

Good night, sweet dreams!

 

at September 29, 2026
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Labels: rambling about poetry
Older Post Home

its, well its not a telestitch

  OPPS it's not a telestitch it's something I made up, or may-be it is something else.  Poetry fascinates me.  Puzzles  fascinate ...

Search This Blog

words and pictures from the past

Simple theme. Theme images by luoman. Powered by Blogger.