Friday, October 23, 2015
helpful household hints for Halloween
1. Allow houseplants and foundation plantings to grow unchecked.
2. Hang old sheets out to dry on the front porch, a few well placed tears and stains will make them look homey.
3. Scatter gravel on the walkway, and hang empty birdcages in the trees.
4. Invest in some foundation stones and place them neatly in the yard, faded artificial flowers may be used to decorate them.
5. Replace the doorbell with a vintage doorknocker, and put a "Beware of Dog" sign in the window, carefully cut the word dog out using a very sharp Exacto knife. Try to make the cut look like a bitemark.
6. Leave window blinds pulled down, but prop them such that it looks like someone is peeking out.
7. Inside sprinkle black glitter on the dust bunnies and dust bats.
8. Partially unscrew lightbulbs so they will flicker.
9. Loosen door hinges so that they door sag open and/or will not close properly.
10. Fill vases with twigs and dried branches, a hornet's nest, preferably unoccupied would add a nice touch.
~~Mickie Postle wander among trees on the path I used to walk forever is here
Return with me now to those glorious days of yesteryear, when people still rolled down the windows in their vehicles for ventilation, when ...
Belsnickle day, formidable and and gruff, and certainly not a Jolly old Elf, he would arrive to the ringing of sleigh bells, and if your h...
~~unknown On the night of January 5th the 3 Kings aided by their camels always brought us gifts, sometimes the big gifts arrived on...