Thursday, October 31, 2013

Dear Great Pumpkin




Dear Great Pumpkin

I am looking forward to your arrival on Halloween night!  It's not so much the candy and the presents, and not so much all the work I put into my pumpkin patch that makes me look forward to your arrival.  The thing I love the very best about Halloween is that is fun.

It's the world turned upside down, shaken until the kid in all of us bursts forth and laughs at all of our most primal fears.  Openly begs door to door and disguises oneself, only to have others guess ones identity.   Where  evil beings and monstrous creations are figures of fun and even death itself can be mocked.  

A night when the ancient magic and wisdom drifts on the breeze and  whispers in our ear.


Happy Halloween


 






Guest blogger on Tsougrisma: The Greek Easter Egg Game

It's nearly here!   Tsougrisma: The Greek Easter Egg Game   Wooden spoons and a straw nest holding Greek red Easter eggs.   © Provided ...