Sunday, June 23, 2013

june's firefly moon

 
 
`~~Lizelle Lourens
 
 
Flower moon, leaf moon, Honey moon , Peony moon, Gardening moon or Planting moon, but tonight it is called the Super Moon, the correct name would be the Perigee Moon, , because the moon is near the earth, as it travels along its elliptical path making it appear about 30 percent larger and brighter. 
In Europe it is called the Rose moon, here the Strawberry moon, strawberries are not native to Europe, or so  have been told.  Junes is a gentle and romantic month by tradition, the name Honey moon  though refers to the color, and is more literary than factual.
Late last night really early this morning I watched the moon break through the clouds , surrounded by a soft hallo, hanging there, peaceful, the glow illuminated the roses and peony and countless weedy flowers, I don't even know the names of, and fireflies gliding along, I felt like dancing along with them, OK I did try.
 
 
 
 
~~Anthony Lynch

YUM!, guest blogger on making Naan....something I am new to and still working on

  Naan is tasty!   I wanted to make some, and from there on out, wellllllllllll, it's been a learning experience!   And I don't give...