Friday, April 12, 2013

truer words

c

I lingered a little longer than usual over my morning cuppa today. the cold rain made me want to curl up under the quilt and sleep until the sun came out.  and thinking I really should check to see if there is still a world out there before I bothered to do anything else, I began to click through the news channels.

Carol Burnett was speaking about her book "Carrie and Me".   The book is about the all to brief time she had with her daughter, Carrie.  I listened to every word she said and then replayed it,  the following quote touched me deeply/




"Mama, I don't know why people don't smile more.  Because if you walk into a room full of strangers and you smile the world opens up to you."
~~~Carrie Burnett via Carol Burnett







YUM!, guest blogger on making Naan....something I am new to and still working on

  Naan is tasty!   I wanted to make some, and from there on out, wellllllllllll, it's been a learning experience!   And I don't give...