Friday, January 20, 2012

Who do you love???


~unknown
Be Good To You
Author Unknown

Be Yourself ~ Truthfully
Accept Yourself ~ Gracefully
Value Yourself ~ Joyfully
Forgive Yourself ~ Completely
Treat Yourself ~ Generously
Balance Yourself ~ Harmoniously
Bless Yourself ~ Abundantly
Trust Yourself ~ Confidently
Love Yourself ~ Wholeheartedly
Empower Yourself ~ Prayerfully
Give Of Yourself ~ Enthusiastically
Express Yourself ~ Radiantly

I found this on Donna Henes's wonderful blog on Beliefnet.
If you are a regular reader of my ramblings you already know that Queen MamaDonna is one of my favorite people.
Where was I going with this??? Oh yes. January is Self Love month, a whole month to do something nice for ones self!!! Here in the usually dismal depth of winter.  Now this could be a dangerous idea, because i already pretty much love me best. After all where ever I go there I am!  And I was there in the beginning and have been with myself through all the trying times, when there was no one else there for me I was there, and in the very end, when I "hit the buffers" as the English would say, I will be right there with me.  Of this I can be totally sure.

I know i know, it sounds so egotistical, but the egotistical are often boastful.  But self love is a  confidence that come form accepting yourself as you are.  Not needing to criticize others to make yourself feel good.

It sounds selfish, but the selfish need to gather in from those around them, because their plate is empty( OK, that is from one of my fave sayings "You can't serve from and empty plate).  The security of self love, like the security that comes from strength of body and/or character  make generosity not only possible but easy. 

It really is OK to tell yourself how great you are.  It really is OK to forgive yourself for the mistakes you have made.   It really is OK to not spend time criticising yourself  (or others).  It really is OK not to be Superwoman, so don't worry about.  Take all that time spent on negativity and spend it on fun.


Compliment you self, trust yourself, remind yourself of all the good qualities you have.


~unknown

NOW!
Wrap your arms around yourself and repeat after me.
"I LOVE ME.  AND I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WORTH IT !!!!"

Think may-be, just may-be I could learn to like January.










Guest blogger on Tsougrisma: The Greek Easter Egg Game

It's nearly here!   Tsougrisma: The Greek Easter Egg Game   Wooden spoons and a straw nest holding Greek red Easter eggs.   © Provided ...