Thursday, April 15, 2010

the wonderfullness of spring


I worked outside most of today and after I got all of my tasks done, I thought I would close my eyes for 10 or 15 min, well it was more like and hour and I woke up shivering. Hurriedly I built a fire and made some blackberry teas, now it is me and my tired bones, in a quiet and cozy house dreaming gardening dreams.
Spring is refreshing to the soul for sure! not just the body. I dream of huge pumpkins, glorious tomatoes and bushes dripping with blueberries. My experience tells me that the weather might have other ideas, and the local dear have signs directing them to their "all you can eat salad bar" that is really my garden. But why should I stop dreaming, at least why on a day like this has been.
Spading away, listening to the birds sing and watching the beautiful patterns of clouds. Occasionally I find a shard of glass or china, I wonder why since I know this has been a garden since the house was built. Were they lost cups and saucers, there forgotten by another caffeine achiever, like my self. I have found other things as well, but not so often now after 25 plus years of spading.
Spring is and uplifting season....ah I am uplifted, lifted by the clear blue sky, by not needing to wear winter clothes, by the birds singing and the breeze through the budding branches,
and whilst I am out there lifting up spades of earth.
there were bees on the periwinkles vines...now that is the wonderfulness of springtime.

YUM!, guest blogger on making Naan....something I am new to and still working on

  Naan is tasty!   I wanted to make some, and from there on out, wellllllllllll, it's been a learning experience!   And I don't give...