Thursday, February 25, 2010

Made by Loving Hands at Home


It's a pin made of limpet shells, painted on the inside and wired up to look like a corsage or some sort of flower, may-be a hyacynth,
perhaps even a lily of the valley. What flower it is isn't important, what is important is that someone made this for someone,
who kept it and probably never wore it. Kept it until it ended up in an antique dealers hands, who understands my whimical senses, and gave it to me.

Someone made this, it deserves to have a story, so here it is. And I know this is the truth because I made it up.

Someone we will call Annie had a very excentric Auntie named Bette, Bette spent her summers at the shore since she retired from teaching second grade.
Aunt Bette loved to make things, just anything and she was very good at making something out of nothing, her more serious-minded
sister would say "making nothing out of something".
Now Annie was the kind of girl who was always dressed in the latest fashion, but she loved her Aunt Bette.

YUM!, guest blogger on making Naan....something I am new to and still working on

  Naan is tasty!   I wanted to make some, and from there on out, wellllllllllll, it's been a learning experience!   And I don't give...