Monday, July 6, 2009

Green Bread Moon

"If moon was cookie
me think me would be
Happiest monster that you ever see.

me ride in a rocket
all throughout the nigh
me ride in a rocket
to go take a bite"
--Cookie Monster

The moon, full and glorious after a long spell of rainy weather.
And it does look like a huge cookie!
A wheel of cheese.
a pancake.
A moon pie.
and while we are on the topic of food if I were naming this full moon, I would call it the green bread moon.
I can remember being told that the moon was made of green cheese, probably why I never like cheese. In my experience even the well petrified grocery store bread is no match for early July's usual heat and humidity and will grow a lovely blueishgreen beard.


Jul. 7, 5:21 a.m. EDT -- Full Buck Moon, when the new antlers of buck deer push out from their foreheads in coatings of velvety fur. It was also often called the Full Thunder Moon, thunderstorms being now most frequent. Sometimes this is also called the Full Hay Moon. Since the moon arrives at apogee less than 13 hours later, this will also be smallest full moon of 2009. In terms of apparent size, it will appear 12-percent smaller than the full moon of Jan. 10


Colonial American: Summer Moon
American Indian (Cherokee) Ripe Corn Moon
American Indian (Choctaw) Crane Moon
American Indian (Dakotah Sioux Moon of the Middle Summer
Celtic: Moon of Claiming
English Medieval Mead Moon
Neo Pagan Rose Moon

YUM!, guest blogger on making Naan....something I am new to and still working on

  Naan is tasty!   I wanted to make some, and from there on out, wellllllllllll, it's been a learning experience!   And I don't give...